Saturday 27 November 2010

This just happened.

I was with my honey and we were making out when the phone rang. I walked away to answer it, which disappointed her since I am a very good kisser and not afraid to experiment.

"Hello?" I said into the phone. Someone began whispering on the other end, so low that I could barely make it out.

"Who's there?" I asked.

The dumbass kept whispering, in a muted sort of way, like the sound on a TV that's been turned right down. I pressed the phone closer to my ear, trying to work out what they were saying. Amongst the crackling of the line and some weird scratching sounds, I made out the words "playground" and then, a few seconds after, "too late". Then they started coughing up a lung.

Suddenly, the scratching roared up in a blast of static and just about bloody deafened me. Between that and the whispering this was just about the most obnoxious caller ever. Jeez.

I told my girl, and she said maybe we should go check out the playground.

So that's what we're gonna do now.

1 comment:

  1. I think it was your girlfriend's dead father on the phone.

    ReplyDelete